So I was nominated for this award by a fellow fibro blogger, Julie, the Nocturnal Laundress, who writes a thoughtful and beautifully-illustrated blog. I’ve gotten one other award nomination, and I feel happy and embarrassed to get another one.
I also feel unprepared because one of the rules of accepting the award is to nominate ten other bloggers. I feel like I can’t because I either don’t know that many bloggers well enough (mostly I just read blogs rather then comment and build relationships). Or if I do know them well enough, they’ve already been nominated for this very same award–it’s been going around in my circle.
So I’ll gratefully accept the award and recommend that you check out the “Blogs I Follow” links because they’re all great bloggers whose work I admire and read regularly. I know that’s not following the official rules of the award, and I’m sorry to disappoint people for not doing so–I feel like I’m being a bad blogger.
But really, check out the blogs I follow–there’s some great writing happening on them.
Another one of the rules of the award is to answer a list of questions presented to me by the blogger who nominated me. That I can do.
Here are some random questions chosen for me to answer
1) What is your favorite season?
2) Who is your favorite singer?
3) What is your favorite kind of music?
80s and 90s pop, mostly out of nostalgia.
4) Who is your favorite author?
Tie between Oscar Wilde and Agatha Christie, for completely different reasons and completely different moods.
5) If you had enough money, what charity would you donate to?
Our local no-kill animal shelter and our local food bank
6) If you had enough money, what room in your home would you renovate?
Kitchen. Our kitchen is circa 1960 (excepting appliances) and at first it was charming, but now all I can see is how worn it is. And that it was built for someone much smaller than me.
7) What is your favorite television show?
This is really hard to answer because I love all kinds of TV shows. If I did have to narrow it down, it would be Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. But there are so many others that I love.
8) Which of these is your most favorite drink: Pepsi – Coke – Ice Tea – Water?
9) Do you own a desktop PC or laptop…or both?
10) What would you rather do for relaxation, read a book or watch television?
Thanks again for the honor, Nocturnal Laundress.